This is my list of 20 Things at Ironman Chattanooga 2015, which will serve as a race report. 1. It was no easy task, but I met my buddy Corey in the hotel lobby at 5:45 am. No wonder I have given
When I got to Ironman Chattanooga I was feeling a little head cold coming on, so I didn’t much feel like doing more than resting with my free time. But, while I wasn’t posting my domain name expired because of
1. Well, I’ve done this before, right? So, why am I so anxious? I mean, There is just crazy talk going on in my head. I guess it’s that combination of: a. I know I can finish, but that’s
1. I rarely run on Tuesdays, but today called for an easy gallop with a few race-pace-efforts. Along the way, I was exposed to endless open garbage bins in my neighborhood that reminded me to appreciate the finer smells in life. For
1. I started my early morning routine today. Up at 6:30 to walk the dog. A little breakfast, a little writing, and a lot of wanting to take a nap! This could literally be harder than the race for me.
1. Stayed up late watching the Ole Miss v. Alabama game last night . . . what a slugfest! I am neutral on these teams, but it reminded me of Rocky I. Ole Miss was throwing haymakers and Bama kept getting
1. My bike’s been making a strange knocking sound for the last week or so and I’ve been hanging out at the shop more than my Grandpa used to linger at the used car dealership. I pulled out a few of his
The start of football season has a way of distorting time. All the endless days of snaps seem to run together and it’s easy to get distracted from the task at hand: Ironman Chattanooga. But, maybe that’s not such a bad
What? Seriously? Less than two weeks? Yep, and thank God! The anticipation is enough to drive me over the edge. Here’s the Crushing Iron Chattanooga video again to get you jacked, too. I can’t wait to roll into Chattanooga, relax with
A friend of mine once told me, “The thing I always try to remember during an Ironman is, never put too much stake in how you feel because it will change every 20 minutes or so.” Easy to say . .